Voor Informatie over Soldaten gesneuveld in Europa. Tijdens de 2e Wereldoorlog.


Deze website is opgedragen aan de mannen en vrouwen van de geallieerde strijdkrachten die in de Asia-Pacific Regio zijn omgekomen tijdens de Tweede Wereldoorlog.

informatie over iets

op deze Website, of anders.


Van Hook, Marvin Stone

Rank and Name, Fireman First Class Marvin Stone Van Hook.

Unit/Placed in, Naval Station Cavite (Sangley Point), Pearl Harbor


Marvin is born approx. on 1919 in Kentucky.

Father, Henry Van Hook.

Mother, Stella Van Hook.

Sister(s), Louise, Margaret and Erydale Van Hook.

Brother(s), William H. Van Hook.


Marvin enlisted the service in Kentucky with service number # 2874547.


Marvin was KIA when the Japanese Bombed the Naval Station on Dec 10, 1941, he is honored with a Purple Heart, Good Conduct Medal, Expeditionary Medal, American Campaign Medal, Distinguished Unit Citation, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, WW II Victory Medal.


Marvin is buried/mentioned at Manila American Cemetery and Memorial Manila, Metro Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines.

Walls of the missing.


Thanks to,

Jean Louis Vijgen, WW2-Pacific Website.

Air Force Info, Rolland Swank.

ABMC Website, https://abmc.gov

Navy Info, http://navylog.navymemorial.org

POW Info, http://www.mansell.com    Dwight Rider and Wes injerd.

Family Info, https://www.familysearch.org

Marines Info, https://missingmarines.com/    Geoffrey Roecker

Medals Info, https://www.honorstates.org


Philppine Info, http://www.philippine-scouts.org/

Find a Grave, https://www.findagrave.com






NAS Cavite
Fires at Cavite Navy Yard resulting from the Japanese air raid on December 10, 1941. Fifty-four bombers of the 11th Air Fleet were detailed from Formosa and attacked at 1300 hours. Twenty-seven attacked ships and small craft in the bay and the remainder went on toward Cavite, dropping their bombs from a height of 20,000 feet, above the range of the nine 3-inch anti-aircraft guns protecting the base. Almost every bomb fell within the Navy Yard. After the first run, the first flight of twenty-seven withdrew and the other twenty-seven bombers, having completed their attack against ships in the bay, flew in to strike the targets. The attack lasted for two hours. The entire yard was set ablaze; the power plant, dispensary, repair ships, warehouses, barracks, and radio station received direct hits. Greatest damage was done by the fire which spread rapidly and was soon out of control. Admiral Rockwell estimated that five hundred men were killed or seriously wounded. The covered self-propelled lighter YF-181 - perhaps visible in the right center - is loaded with almost 200 burning torpedos, which will be consumed in the flames, crippling the offensive capability of the United States Navy Asiatic Fleet's submarines. At the time this photograph was taken, small arms ammunition was exploding in the center of the heavy blaze on the left. The submarine whose bow is visible at the far right is probably USS Sealion (SS-195), hit by bombs and had settled by the stern. Sealion, a 1450-ton Sargo class submarine, was commissioned in late November 1939 and, in the spring of 1940, deployed to the Far East to strengthen the defenses of the Philippines as relations with Japan deteriorated. Sealion was nested at Machina Wharf with USS Seadragon (SS-194) inboard and minesweeper USS Bittern (AM-36) outboard. Most Sealion personnel were below decks. The first stick of bombs landed from 100 to 200 yards (90 to 180 meters) astern of Sealion; all hands were ordered all hands below. On the second
His rank Fireman First Class